Thursday, November 10, 2011

A girl needs her cheese.

Today I left work at 1.30 to go to a photo shoot in Hudson, WI. We were shooting some backyard BBQ scenes. It was snowing on my drive in to work. You can imagine how well that went. Do you know how hard it is to sit and chat in a screen gazebo and pretend not to be cold? I'll tell you: it's hard. But then on the way back to the office, we stopped at Dairy Queen. Because I love ice cream no matter WHAT the weather is like.

Aron arrived at my apartment this evening bearing a dozen roses. :) I don't have a vase at the apartment, so they are split into an aluminum water bottle from work and a Vikings-branded pilsner glass from Buffalo Wild Wings. I think I like them better this way.

Actual conversation we had at dinner tonight:
"I don't want your cooties."
"Best. Date night. Ever."

It was good, though. Most couples wouldn't consider apps and long islands at Applebees, a trip to Big Lots, then going home to color velvet posters and watch Big Bang Theory a date night. At least one person from most couples is going to be unhappy with some part of that progression. But I thought it was excellent.

Jess was home most of the day today, and she tried fruitlessly to coax Mabel out of hiding. Within five minutes of me sitting on the couch after I got home, Mabes was in my lap. She didn't stay long, though; I don't think she likes the Magnificat. Which is funny, because it ends in cat, and I think she's magnificent. I think I shall start to call her my magnifiCat.

On that note, I do believe it's way past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment