Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 21st.

Well, thanks to my crazy bff, I'm now in the middle of a (non-) Non-Competitive competition to see who can actually keep up with this daily blogging nonsense. This could get dangerous.

She's right about one thing, though; I am the Queen of Procrastination. (See how I capitalized that, like a real title?)

Today, for instance, I procrastinated on something very, very important. I had something within my reach, and I let the opportunity pass me by. See, I got in to White Plains, New York at noon today. White Plains is, supposedly, a mere forty-minute train ride to the city. The City. New York City. The place I feel an inexplicable draw to; the place I planned on moving to once; the city that never sleeps; the city I've never set foot in; the city where I planned to make my entrance into the world of editing.

But I didn't go.

I walked to downtown Armonk and had some delicious pizza. But I didn't get on a train to New York.

Ever since I saw this glorious 20-hour White Plains overnight on my schedule a month ago, I've been looking forward to it, to my chance to finally see New York. But then I got here today, and it just didn't feel right. The weather is great, yes. I brought a jacket so I wouldn't have to wear my way-too-big navy trench coat, yes. But I didn't feel like going alone, today, and I know I'd much rather explore an exciting new city with a good friend than with a virtual-stranger-pilot.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I have a couple days off and drag someone along with me. Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. *WAVES FRANTICALLY* PICK ME! PICK ME! EVEN MY ACTIONS ARE ALL CAPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo.... tssss.... looooooks like i might be winning this little (non) non-competition.

    ooo, that might sting a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there alone once. Once. The only time I have ever been in New York. It was amazing. Oh, and PICK ME!

    ReplyDelete