Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First things first.

It's hard to know where to start, when trying to tell the story of your life.

I could tell you about my first memory, which is of puppets in the playroom of the hospital where my grandpa was dying. I could tell you my latest news, which is that I completed the Times crossword today. Or I could jump right in with confusing details about my life and job, with no attempt at back story or explanation.

I love the movie Love Actually. I could watch it over and over again; and, in fact, I have. I think my record was four and half times in one night. (That's what she said.)

It's the waiting that gets you, you know? It always has. The wondering, the checking, the obsessing. I really need to stop obsessing. But it seems I just get worse and worse the more I wait. I don't even know if there's any possibility there yet. I just don't like the not knowing.

Jump right in, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment