Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am a huge nerd.

Guys, if you like Harry Potter (the books) at all, even just a little bit, do me a favor and read this: Mark Reads Harry Potter. He reads all seven books, chapter by chapter, and posts reviews. Of each chapter. And he is cracking me up.

Starting shortly into book two, he does a daily dose of "The Most Depressing Sentence(s) in the English Language," courtesy of J.K. Rowling, which I find tragically hilarious. Mostly I love his reactions to everything.

Apparently I just can't get enough of other people reading and reviewing books I love. He's also just started RE-reading the series, which I think will also be interesting to read about. Read read read read.



Well over a year ago, I learned how to knit. I started making a scarf out of some castaway yarn Jess had sitting around. I got a few inches in, decided the width was ridiculous, and started over. A couple of... er... weeks? months? I have no concept of time. An unspecified amount of relatively short time ago (does that even make SENSE?), I finished it. All that was left was to weave in the ends, which I naturally promptly did not do.

Today, I weaved in my ends. Today, I proudly wear my first ever fully completed knitted item. I feel proud.


Harry Potter and knitting.... I think Jess and I may veeeeery slowly be becoming the same person. Except opposites. But opposites that are the same. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment