Friday, April 15, 2011

Nine to five.

Once again, I find myself quitting a job that, though unrelated to my field, I've enjoyed and met great people through.

This time, however, I will not be unemployed. I am quitting the bank because I have my first real, post-college, degree-related job. On Tuesday, I accepted a position as Assistant Editor at a catalog. I get a desk, and coworkers, and an 8 to 5, Monday to Friday schedule, and benefits, and a livable wage! I could not be more excited about this.

On top of that, I'm leaving the bank on a high note. I got two top-boxes today (highest possible scores on customer satisfaction surveys), which is super important to this company. In recognition, I got to take home a sweet camping chair! Aww yeah. Everyone has been very sad upon finding out that I'm leaving, which makes me feel proud. I've clearly made a good impression and done a good job here. The store manager even told me that if things don't work out at the catalog, I still have a place there!

I'll miss the transactions, which I've gotten very speedy at, and the people, who are overall awesome, but I'll tell you what, I sure won't miss handling filthy money all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment