Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of those days.

Today, as I was walking from the grocery store to the car, the cart I was pushing encountered a crack in the parking lot. A fissure, a chasm, even. The cart wheels immediately stopped their progress, sending the cart front tipping up into the air and my shin colliding with the bottom bar.

Ow.

You know how some people can't have a coherent conversation until they've had coffee? I don't drink coffee all that regularly, but I do know that you should probably not talk to me in the mornings. When there's nothing in the house to eat and I take a shower instead of scrounging, it's probably still a good idea to hold off on idle chatter. When we go to the grocery store, and I am surrounded by food, and it is 1 in the afternoon, and I still haven't eaten all day, you should really probably not talk incessantly.

If I lived in a place by myself, my life would be much different. Sometimes it might be lonely, but I think I would be much happier. I would not be confined to a freezing cold basement. I would not be judged on the length of my showers. The cupboards and the pantry and the fridge and the freezer would all be mine, and I would stock them well and much, much differently.

Some days I'm perfectly content with my current situation, and some days, I can't wait to get the hell out.

This is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment